Dr. Caroline Leaf is a neuroscientist and mental health expert who’s teaching you her science-backed method for managing everyday stress, improving self-regulation, and building resilience.
Caroline joins Ruben to talk through the rough patch he’s been going through, along with practical tips and tactics for managing your mental health. She also shares advice on teaching your kids to manage their emotions and mental health in more conscious ways.
How does Caroline define living through love? She defines it as working on your relationship with yourself so you can activate the love within you and reflect it outwards.
“It’s okay to be a mess, everyone’s a mess… everyone’s a bit crazy and no one has a normal brain.” - Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Overcoming parent guilt.
- What it means to “clean up your mental mess”.
- Ruben’s Rough Patch: Balancing parenting, work, & his wife’s major surgery.
- The Mind/Heart Connection: How do I get out of my head and into my heart?
- Teaching your kids how to tune into their emotions, be intentional, and express their feelings in healthy ways.
- Mind Management (Neurocycling): Caroline demonstrates her science-backed system for managing everyday stress, improving self-regulation, and building resilience.
- Tips for de-escalating tantrums in kids and redirecting their energy.
- The difference between acute stress and chronic stress on mental and physical health.
“It’s really important that we don’t just name the emotion, but we name the behavior that goes with the emotion and the body sensation and the perspective… Get it all down, then wisdom comes in.” - Dr. Caroline Leaf
About The Guest: Dr. Caroline Leaf is a neuroscientist, mental health and mind expert, host of Cleaning Up The Mental Mess podcast, and author of “How to Help Your Child Clean Up Their Mental Mess”.