Ever imagine what it feels like to walk in the shoes of a professional athlete? Special guest Eben Britton, former NFL player, shares his rollercoaster journey through professional sports, right from his days at the University of Arizona to a career-ending injury. This episode is not just a retelling of an athlete’s career, it’s a journey through the trials, tribulations, and triumphs of a true sportsman.
Eben joins Ruben to share what life after a football career really looks like for many. He offers an honest look at the importance of self-love and its role in recovery and growth. Through riveting anecdotes and personal experiences, Eben paints a vivid picture of the struggles athletes face, the journey towards self-love, and the priceless value of being present.
Eben also delves into the role of social media in promoting self-love and community engagement. He dismantles societal stereotypes around love and masculinity, and shares his own experiences with confronting his inner demons. His inspiring journey serves as a reminder that the language we use and the actions we take can greatly influence our journey to self-love and self-respect. Tune in for a no-holds-barred conversation on love, self-care, and the pursuit of a fulfilling life beyond the football field.
How does Eben live through love? “I learned the value of transferring this positive attitude to my family and community. Throughout, I unraveled how self-love doesn't reside in proving how tough you are, but in accepting and valuing yourself as you are.”
"The road was laden with injuries, unpleasant business dealings, and personal struggle, but it also gave birth to an epiphany of self-love and respect."- Eben Britton
In this episode, you will learn…
- Self-love involves accepting oneself, not proving toughness; it is key to navigating through life's challenges and personal struggles.
- Being present is not only crucial for personal well-being but also significantly impacts the lives of those around us.
- Saying 'no' can be a powerful act of self-love and respect, allowing one to avoid confusion and maintain personal boundaries.
- True masculinity is not about physical toughness, but how one shows up in life, their actions, and interactions with others.
- The journey of self-discovery and self-love can be long and difficult, but it is ultimately rewarding and transformative.
"Coming from the intense environment of professional football, I learned that the true strength lies in vulnerability and openness, not in the physical prowess.” - Eben Britton
About the guest: Eben Britton is a former American football offensive tackle who played six seasons in the National Football League. Selected 39th overall in the 2009 NFL Draft, he spent four years with the Jacksonville Jaguars followed by two with the Chicago Bears, last playing football in 2014